Roaring Fork Schools’ kindergarten registration set for April 6
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 26, 2018
Registration for all students wanting to enter kindergarten in the 2018-19 school year in the Roaring Fork Schools will occur on Friday April 6, 2018 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children must be five years old on or before October 1, 2018 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
The district’s elementary schools are:
- Glenwood Springs: Sopris Elementary, Glenwood Springs Elementary, and Riverview PK-8 School
- Carbondale: Crystal River Elementary and Carbondale Community School* (K-8)
- Basalt: Basalt Elementary
*Please note that the Carbondale Community School runs a separate lottery for enrollment. More information can be found on their website at http://discovercompass.org/carbondale-community-school/admissions/
Leading up to registration, each school will host a kindergarten information night to share information about the school and the kindergarten registration process. Below are the dates for each school:
- Basalt Elementary: April 3 at 5:30 p.m.
- Carbondale Community School: February 15 at 5:30 p.m.
- Crystal River Elementary: April 5, from 6-7 p.m.
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: April 3rd from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Riverview School: April 4th from 6-7 p.m.
- Sopris Elementary: April 5 at 6 p.m.
Additionally, each school will offer tours for rising kindergarteners and their families on the following dates:
- Basalt Elementary: every Thursday in March, at 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Carbondale Community School: every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30-9:30 a.m. starting January 23 through March 12. To sign up, please call 970-963-9647.
- Crystal River Elementary: every Thursday in March at 8:30 a.m. Call Sandy at 970-384-5623 for tours in February (by appointment only).
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: every Friday in March, anytime between 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., or call for an appointment
- Riverview School: everyday in March between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Sopris Elementary: every Tuesday in March from 9-10:30 a.m.
*There will be no tours the week of Spring Break
To register, parents should go to the school they plan to enroll their student in (see attendance area map here) on April 6 with a copy of their child's birth certificate and immunization records. Parents planning to enroll their student in full-time kindergarten should also bring a check for $357 (half-day kindergarten is at no cost to parents). The registration process will include completing forms for the upcoming school year. All paperwork will be available in both English and Spanish, and bilingual staff will be present to assist families with the process.